Thread: The Recovery Will Happen - Luc's journal

Hybrid View

Good to read about the improvements Luc! And indeed in early WD it was way worse. You are totally right in the sense that we must not punish ourselves about the slowliness of recovery and the impossibility of speeding the proces up. Only it is a pity that we are disabled for sooo long, and a support frame is absolutely essnatial to travel through this dark tunnel
    I am hindered by waves still after 5 years in WD now, but there IS so much recovery, I work now from home as a Web developer for 4 hours a day in a paid job. Still not enough to be financially self supporting but the beginning is finally there! And that was absolutely impossible during the first few years of WD.
    I am sure we will beat this crap one day. And we are past the worst now, although I still cry when reading some Dutch fora about people who are have hit the full horror of WD, some uf them not able to reinstate anymore. I try to give them the best advice I can.
    Thanx for your update and I still have not forgotten about that vodka in a Krakov pub!
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    I am hindered by waves still after 5 years in WD now, but there IS so much recovery, I work now from home as a Web developer for 4 hours a day in a paid job. Still not enough to be financially self supporting but the beginning is finally there! And that was absolutely impossible during the first few years of WD.
    I am sure we will beat this crap one day. And we are past the worst now, although I still cry when reading some Dutch fora about people who are have hit the full horror of WD, some uf them not able to reinstate anymore. I try to give them the best advice I can.
    Thanx for your update and I still have not forgotten about that vodka in a Krakov pub!
    So great to hear there is so much improvement, Claudius! It's absurdly slow, but one foot at a time. And it's fantastic that you're supporting others who have just entered this hell. We need to keep doing it - they won't get this info from the evening news (yet), so the help from those who already walked this path literally saves their lives. And yes, I remember about the vodka. :) I guess, as a way of compensating for all those years I'll have a double. I'm paying!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Just a mini update; paradoxically, despite the current wave, a couple more symptoms seem no doubt to have diminished in the last 2-3 months or so.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.