Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Recovery Will Happen - Luc's journal

Yes, it's darn rough when this happens, but the today's window will be at some point the tomorrow's wave. Let us keep healing.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Luc, we are in the period we must heal, it is forced!
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Yes, we will heal, Stan!

How is it going with the exercises now? I was very keen to read your experience with it, so similar to mine. I have had to learn the hard way about exercising and had no idea that this was what was making e worse. I struggled on for a couple of years going swimming, because my muscles were strengthless and I thought this was help however, I ended up worse and with headaches. It wasn't until 2 or 3 days later, though and so I didn't connect the dots.

Last year I fell and sprained my ankle and the phsysio gave me stretching exercises to do to help with my back, hip and legs. I got worse. Eventually, I remembered with the swimming exercises (hydro from donkeys years ago) that made me worse, to do just 1 exerc ise once and each week increse by 1 more until doing 10 for that 1 exercise and then introdce another exercise. This worked! I did this with they physio exercises from last year and I am very proud of myself as I have built up to do lots of different exercises now. Still only one that I cannot do, and that is for my back, but after reading Sheilas post, I will do it once for 1 second! Then I can slowly build that one up as well.

Hey, GrandmaD. At some point I thought I might have really started to overcome this, but the main problem is that it is totally insidious. A day or two after the exertion, you don't feel it that bad (though still quite bad), but on the 3rd and 4th day it gets from bad to worse. The good news is that it's still been improving (even if incredibly slowly). I truly hope that in the months to come, the worsening after the exertion will be tolerable enough to not stop the exercise itself. I really do.

That said, the most important thing is that we TRY. I remember this quote from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" (by Milos Forman); McMurphy played by Jack Nicholson says... http://www.hark.com/clips/lmbsrlsmmy...ast-i-did-that

We keep walking. We will get there.

Ok, update, especially on the total inability to tolerate *any* physical exertion front; walking from one room to another more than once at a time (this is not a hyperbole!), would each time bring the worsening of symptoms. Despite some problems with my stomach recently, which, temporarily, worsened the symptoms a lot, there happened another thing... Ok, every previous time, after I had really hoped that I might be able to move around more, in 24-36 hours after the physical exertion, it all went very bad. Now, for the first time, the symptoms, even if worsened, they are NOT strong enough to "talk me out" of those exercises. And I'm pretty darn sure about it, for, despite this bad stomach, I was doing very mild exercises in an attempt to speed up a metabolism a little bit, get more oxygen, etc., and so far much more than 36 hours passed since the exertion and I'm hanging in here. Eat it, WD!

PS I hope that the stomach problems won't be back either...
    Last edited by Luc; 08-18-2012 at 08:56 AM.

LUc, it is good to hear that this is what happens. It took me years to realise that the swimming was causing me probs but because it was 3 or 4 days leter, I didn't put two and two together.

I can well remember when I CT I could not walk to the front gate, but i didn't have a clue why not! I thought it was just another old age thing ...

Baby steps - you will get there!

My goodness, that movie goes back a hundred yhears does it not? I must watch it again, would be interesting to watch it now I'm old!

Hope the stomach has improved by now.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    It took me years to realise that the swimming was causing me probs but because it was 3 or 4 days leter, I didn't put two and two together.
    Exactly so, GrandmaD. I realized this fact only well into WD. The same goes for certain types of food I have to stay away from.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    My goodness, that movie goes back a hundred yhears does it not? I must watch it again
    You mean the one with Nicholson? It's from 1975. Awesome movie.

Luc,

I'm so pleased to hear that you are experiencing some signs of improvement in the area of exercise. This is so wonderful!!!! I'm so, so happy for you!!

BTW, I, as well as others I have known over the years (who were in psyche drug WD) would experience this DELAYED negative reaction when we exercised. Many of us would get hit the second day after exertion.

I found that as I recovered, this delayed reaction would be less severe AND it would not linger as long. I would bounce back quicker from such a set-back episode.

Seems as if you are showing signs of progress and it will only get better from here on out. I PROMISE you!

Samsara
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.