Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The Recovery Will Happen - Luc's journal

That is so fantastic, Claudius! Congratulations on the big step of starting to earn some money after years of illness!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    I am hindered by waves still after 5 years in WD now, but there IS so much recovery, I work now from home as a Web developer for 4 hours a day in a paid job. Still not enough to be financially self supporting but the beginning is finally there! And that was absolutely impossible during the first few years of WD.
    I am sure we will beat this crap one day. And we are past the worst now, although I still cry when reading some Dutch fora about people who are have hit the full horror of WD, some uf them not able to reinstate anymore. I try to give them the best advice I can.
    Thanx for your update and I still have not forgotten about that vodka in a Krakov pub!
    So great to hear there is so much improvement, Claudius! It's absurdly slow, but one foot at a time. And it's fantastic that you're supporting others who have just entered this hell. We need to keep doing it - they won't get this info from the evening news (yet), so the help from those who already walked this path literally saves their lives. And yes, I remember about the vodka. :) I guess, as a way of compensating for all those years I'll have a double. I'm paying!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Just a mini update; paradoxically, despite the current wave, a couple more symptoms seem no doubt to have diminished in the last 2-3 months or so.

I can't imagine more complex (and more painful) experience human mind can ever go through. But, at the same time, something tells me it's "endable". For each and everyone of us. Don't give up hope, My Frends. Take it step by step.

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Luc, i am sure you will be 70%/80% better and i also, it is only a matter of time; we have held 2,5/3 years (the most critical); we are not far from turning the corner, all testimonies show it; hang on, we are close to live again a new life;
    No Stan... you guys will be 110% better!

I still shutter when I think of the really bad days, but you know what it is getting better for me (8 months out).

Praying healing for each and everyone suffering from the destruction these meds have caused.

Matthew 21:22 "And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” Don't give up on the brink of a miracle. It will happen.

Luc, what symptoms are you getting in this wave?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

and what have you seen diminsh?
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

All symptoms have diminished on average, some managed to almost disappear (sometimes re-appearing, but for a very short spell of time, and at lower intensity). Some are more stubborn, but even those have gotten better (agoraphobia, anxiety, [anhedonia - in case of anhedonia, though, some improvement has been made in recent time], physical pain, etc.) But it needs to be remembered I am a long-termer, double c/t, throughout many years being switched from drug to drug. You will heal much faster.

Im not asking for me Luc, but for you, :)

you say you had many drugs? I thought it was just paxil and xanax? did you try other ssris before that?

so what has this wave been like? what symptoms are bothering you now?