Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Recovery Will Happen - Luc's journal

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    This is a very good idea! I never thought of progressive relaxation as a form of exercise before, but it's absolutely true. Kind of a form of isometric exercise. And for dysautonomia, it's an excellent sotto vocce approach.

Thanks for providing the correct term Sheila re: isometric. Yes indeed, I believe PR is a great method to initiate gentle exercise, especially when dealing with profound levels of dysautonomia.

Samsara

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Today I did some absurdly non-intense exercises (absurdly non-intense for the healthy ones), and I still feel that disautonomia will rear up its ugly head soon. But at least I picked up doing something physical again. Once I'm past this early back-to-doing-sth-physical stage, I'll try to intensify it a bit more. The energy levels in general are teribly low these days - pushing myself to do the simplest of things, but the CNS MUST eventually pick up some steam. And it will.
    So sorry you are still suffering to this degree Luc! Believe me, I do know how difficult life can be when energy reserves and physical stamina are so seriously compromised.

You are right though re: bold text. You will not remain in this state forever although I realize that it feels like it has gone on forever. Such a very long tiime to have to endure such a loss of physical function. May you soon emerge from this level of incapacitation.

Samsara

I'd like to have better news, folks, but unfortunately this recent time got really really bad - the infection is here again, and with it, the weirdest of symptoms there're. Trying to ride it out. The worst are those paranoic thoughts - very scary. And those mind-piercing thoughts of all the past traumas. Really isolated from the outside world, and really pushing myself to write these words. If anyone of you happened to be around the forum, a pat on the back would help a bit.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I'd like to have better news, folks, but unfortunately this recent time got really really bad - the infection is here again, and with it, the weirdest of symptoms there're. Trying to ride it out. The worst are those paranoic thoughts - very scary. And those mind-piercing thoughts of all the past traumas. Really isolated from the outside world, and really pushing myself to write these words. If anyone of you happened to be around the forum, a pat on the back would help a bit.
    Soon, you will be coming home Luc! Click on the below link .........perhaps the images could temporarily (even if for a few minutes) banish some of the paranoic thoughts.

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...=1774#post1774
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.

As Samsara suggests, the only way is to replace your paranoic thoughts by others thoughts, brain cannot thinking on two different thoughts simultaneously, and acting physically is a must, do something with hands...repairing a piece of furniture, creating a simply piece of furniture, even to frow it after
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I'm glad you asked for a pat on the back, Luc. You don't usually let yourself do that. That was, itself, a very self-healing act. Do it again!

The holidays are murder in early - middle w/d. I really think you're going to feel relief in a couple of days. You were already showing signs of stabilizing from your last wave, but the holidays threw a wrench into the works.

As Samsara and Stan said, keep trying to fill your mind with positive, distracting thoughts and images. It's a lot of work, but it's a wholesome discipline.

<< a more distant isle
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Luc.......

Afterthought, I hope my earlier post was not interpreted as making light of a very bad situation. Rather, I was attempting to create a temporary mental distraction. Sometimes, it helps to receive a diversion from someone else since, our own mind can feel too trapped/stuck.

Just wish to share another thought based on personal experience. I do realize that the obsessions, paranoia, traumas and ruminations can be so severe that even when one tries to distract one cannot jolt the mind out of such modes. And one's mind can be in such a bad state that one cannot THINK properly. I believe WD induced cognitive deficits also contribute to the inability to mentally distract from the mental torture. For example, when I was in severe states I couldn't even sort laundry (that's how messed up my mind was). The mind can be so severely highjacked that one becomes robbed of the ability to distract and thus, cannot engage in the simplest of mental tasks, let alone anything more complicated.

Things can get so bad that one can't even watch a TV program as a means to divert the mind. This of course, really complicates one's ability to navigate through such times. Most times, one must just "hang on", endure the mental torture until it eases up on it's own.

I don't know if I'm articulating my thoughts on this subject clearly enough but it's the only way I know how to describe just how severe things can become for someone during WD.

Forgive me for speaking about myself in your thread but utilizing a personal experience is the only method I know of to relay that your current state is understood by others. Additionally, there will be others in the present and the future who will read your thread and I feel it would validate them as well, to read what I have shared.

Final point, the fact that you have contracted another virus, pretty much renders you to a more physical incapacitated state which further restricts your ability to engage in any type of distraction. Not to mention, the virus itself has ignited the immune system into action which, as we know, has a negative domino effect on the CNS (hence the over-activation of the mind).

So, as you know, there are a lot of things going on simultaneously which also makes it much more difficult to distract.

I sincerely hope the virus is short lived and that this phase quickly passes.

Samsara
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.

Thank you so much for all you help, folks. It's been a very rough ride recently, but hanging in here. I promise to write an update as soon as possible. Lots of weakness going on these days, but entered my 4th year off 10 days ago, so the corner-turning must be closer than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    Luc.......

Afterthought, I hope my earlier post was not interpreted as making light of a very bad situation. Rather, I was attempting to create a temporary mental distraction. Sometimes, it helps to receive a diversion from someone else since, our own mind can feel too trapped/stuck.
    Dear Samsara, your earlier post has been most helpful! ALL your posts are always the Light in the Darkness of WD.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    I agree with you Luc:Samsara is our light!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Thank you so much for all you help, folks. It's been a very rough ride recently, but hanging in here. I promise to write an update as soon as possible. Lots of weakness going on these days, but entered my 4th year off 10 days ago, so the corner-turning must be closer than ever.

Dear Samsara, your earlier post has been most helpful! ALL your posts are always the Light in the Darkness of WD.
    Luc, Thank you for letting me know that my post wasn't hurtful in any way. I have much paranoia and ruminations in regard to posting and I just needed to know that my intentions were not misinterpreted in any way. Thank you also for your kind comment.

Cosette, thank you as well but we have all brought light to into each other's journeys at one time or another and continue to do so. I'm just like everyone else, fighting like heck to survive. :)

Peace and Healing to Us All!

Samsara