Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Recovery Will Happen - Luc's journal

Well, this is a bold and self-compassionate move, Luc. It's so hard to be pushed in this direction by circumstances, but you know I believe that this is all happening for a reason, and that this illness can be usefully held as an initiation to a new life which the Tao is really pushing us toward.

You also know that I initially kept working full time during the first phase of w/d, but have had to cut back repeatedly over the years to almost nothing.

If this were a conventional psychological disorder, I might say it is better to confront one's fears than to give in to them. But, I did that. For years, in early w/d, I confronted my extreme physical and emotional terror symptoms in driving an hour to a challenging job.

But it never got better. The conventional techniques for mastering anxiety didn't work, because this is not a conventional psychological disorder. It's a neuro-psychological disorder.

So, I got more and more strained and depleted by this technique, and it seemed only humane and rational to cut back on the stressful activities.

Now, finances are a whole topic in w/d! But, somehow, we all muddle through. Good for you for saving some money!

We're still very lucky that we have something that everyone heals from. You are going to heal and you're going to be better than before. I have not the slightest doubt. You'll make even more money than you were making. And you can go back to the old work if you want to, fully or in part. Or you will do something else that makes you even more happy. This descent experience is dismantling you in order to remake you to be even more who you are really supposed to be.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Sounds like a good move, Luc. I worked and attended graduate school through about 2.5 years of withdrawal and it was hell. My health got worse and at a certain point I just couldn't do it anymore. Having more free time will allow you to care for yourself really well and devote yourself fully to healing. Thinking of you as you enter this new chapter in your journey...

Thank you so much, folks. I'll write more, once I've gathered some energy.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

it is only a step in life, when my mother died, i was 25 years old and lived east France, then i took a suitcase and went to Paris to find work; and today am retired (i never could thought i will arrive at that point);
    what is sad for me is the pill made me drugged during 13 years, and now lost four years, but hope the light of end of the tunnel is not far;
    my goal is to be functional as many have succeed;
    you are younger, you will heal better than i,
    the famous real healing point, when it begins, it goes very quick, all areas become better, it is a matter of time; we are somewhere around that point,
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    it is only a step in life, when my mother died, i was 25 years old and lived east France, then i took a suitcase and went to Paris to find work; and today am retired (i never could thought i will arrive at that point);
    what is sad for me is the pill made me drugged during 13 years, and now lost four years, but hope the light of end of the tunnel is not far;
    my goal is to be functional as many have succeed;
    you are younger, you will heal better than i,
    the famous real healing point, when it begins, it goes very quick, all areas become better, it is a matter of time; we are somewhere around that point,
    Great post, Stan! We're nearing the point of healing no matter what. And, yes, it's a darn long road, but despite the still rough seas, my mind has learnt a very important lesson - every time I think of the still present symptoms, I then automatically switch to those that are not longer there - it helps.

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Luc my thoughts are with you.I have been lucky not to have to work during my W/D because it would have been very hard, almost impossible.
    Take a breath and soon you will see the end of the tunnel.You are so brave that I have no doubt!
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Thank you so much, Cosette. :)

just a hello, Luc
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Hey, Stan. Hey, guys. I must admit - it's been a severe wave for me this recent time - I will write about it more as soon as possible. Just wanted to tell you I'm hanging in here, and that I keep walking as usual. This must be a temporary setback and it will straighten up before long. Thinking of you all!

PS Must tell you - this place (IWAP) is a saviour for me. Even when days (sometimes weeks) pass w/o my being able to be here, every time I think there's someone here helps tremendously. Thank you all of you for keeping the place being and growing...