Thread: Antidepressant Withdrawal Induced Dental Pain, Distress and Sensitivity

Hybrid View

Samsara,

when i read your posts, you always crunch a handfull of almonds, almonds are hard, so use a mixer to help your teeths (in withdrawal they are fragile).
    Another thing is to not brush too much often to not irritate gums, help your teeths when eat, with time they will be stronger; avoid sugar, citrus;
    i do not know if this advices can help you; they work for me;
    i see at 61, i have no more my young strong teeths, unfortunately; and if i eat hard food, i have also pains...
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Samsara,

when i read your posts, you always crunch a handfull of almonds, almonds are hard, so use a mixer to help your teeths (in withdrawal they are fragile).
    Another thing is to not brush too much often to not irritate gums, help your teeths when eat, with time they will be stronger; avoid sugar, citrus;
    i do not know if this advices can help you; they work for me;
    i see at 61, i have no more my young strong teeths, unfortunately; and if i eat hard food, i have also pains...
    Stan,

thank you so very much for taking the time to share and also for your concern. I very much appreciate it!

I understand what you mean re: the almonds but funny thing is the almonds do not bother my teeth however, eating an orange today (the pulp) from the orange felt like HUGE PRESSURE on my teeth. It doesn't make sense. One would think the almonds would have been more of a problem but not so.

BTW, I eat almonds because they are a source of protein and magnesium.

It's now 6:30 pm and I've been in pain all day......non-stop and I've stayed on-line to distract myself since, if I don't distract I will not survive the pain. Believe me, I'm not exaggerating the degree of what I'm enduring today.

Yes, you are so right re: brushing too often wil irritate the gums and I'm also dealing with this as well but I have to brush. I bought a sensodyne toothbrush that has SOFT bristles.

I try not to eat sugar but I do eat a lot of fruit. Yes, citrus is too acidic on the teeth but I can't live without oranges (lol). I LOVE Oranges but I don't eat too many.

I take Vit C (daily) to keep my gums and immune system healthy.

This on-going tooth pain is definitely WD induced and I hope todays situation eases up by tomorrow. IF it does then I will know that there is no other cause.

BTW, you have given very good advice and also caring concern and this means a lot! Thank you Stan!

Samsara